July 21, 2013

Style after banding ”experiment”

I have banded a few times in the past but once I took the bands out the next day her hair wasn't as moisturized as I anticipated it would be. When I banded last night I used different products which left her hair much more moisturized than in the past. So when I took her bands out today I decided I wanted to try styling with adding a leave in conditioner on half her head and then on the other half to just leave as is from banding the night before....when I applied the leave in conditioner to the one side I noticed her hair start to shrink and curl, making it a bit more difficult to style as I wanted (since her hair is still pretty short). The side that had no reapplied product was much easier to work with, although I did have to be more gentle when grabbing sections of hair to ensure no breakage since it was a bit more dry and had a few tangles close to her scalp.

In the end I will choose just to use better products and more of it when banding so that the next day I won't have to add any more.

2 comments:

  1. I think leave in conditioners are water based so that caused the shrinkage. You could try applying product the next day but more of an oil based cream. great blog!

    ReplyDelete