July 23, 2013

Layered braids with beads

So I usually try to avoid layered braids cuz the change in baby girl's hair texture and thickness is crazy that I can't even line the rows up the same if I plan on using beads.

Problem #1:
I have to make the sections in the back/middle of her head much smaller cuz her hair is super thick there. I could just make the other braids work around that section, I know, but other areas of her hair are so soft and thin its hard to work with if the section gets too small.

Problem #2:
That section that has to be smaller still ends up super thick and won't allow beads on easily, so there are 2 rows of braids that only have 4 beads instead of 8. The 2 braids on each side have 8 beads but oh man it wasn't easy lol.

Anywho, this style I found on another blogsite (I cant remember the name of it) but I had to tweak it a bit to work for baby girl's hair since it is much thicker than the other girls hair was. I did 3 layers of braids and added beads to the ends. Seems like a ”sturdy” style that will last a bit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment