June 29, 2013

Yarn braids!

Ok, so I've been itching to do yarn braids for a while now and I finally got brave enough to give it a whirl!

Items used:
”red heart” purple yarn
”bernat” brown yarn
Water/oil mix
Blended beauty down & out styles
Small scissors
Rat tail comb
Banana clips

How I achieved style:
I washed her hair the night before, put in a leave in conditioner and put in about 7 braids. The next morning I sectioned hair and clipped away what I was not working with. I then sprayed the section I was working with (with the oil/water mix) and then put my moisturizing product in. I also sprayed the yarn before putting in baby girl's hair so it wouldnt suck all the moisture out. I used 2 pieces of yarn and wrapped around base of her hair, then braided down till I had about one inch of her hair left. I then added a piece of the yarn to that last inch of hair and continued braiding and knotted the end when at desired length. When I finished her whole head I went and cut about a cm under where I knotted the yarn off (there is no hair on the yarn being cut, I went about 4 inches past her actual length). This took 4 hours to do and she LOVES it! She picked out the purple color to add for fun as well :)

How I learned:
I learned from the ladies on ”beads braids and beyond” fb page. As well as watching ”YouTube” videos (afrikanhairgod)

**make sure to use 100% acrylic yarn!**

No comments:

Post a Comment