June 23, 2013

Oils

Coconut oil-
I love coconut oil! I have been using it in baby girl's hair for over a year now and it has done wonders in softening her hair.

What to look for: when buying look for these on the label...100%, organic, extra virgin, unrefined

Benefits: moisturizing, keeps hair shiny, builds strength, helps with dandruff, helps in healthy hair growth

How we use: For free hair wash days I will use coconut oil after washing her hair by scooping desired amount out of jar and rubbing my hands together to melt the oil, then run my hands thru baby girl's hair starting at the ends, working my way thru the rest of her hair.
For styles I will mix the oil in a spray bottle with water and spray her hair.
For use with deep treatments I will scoop desired amount and put into another small bowl and heat in microwave, then mix in other products I am using with it.

Tea tree oil-
I have been using this oil on baby girl for less than a year. I found out she had eczema in her scalp and decided to try natural remedies. Thank God for tea tree oil!

Benefits: helps soothe dry, itchy scalp, helps hair loss, dandruff, head lice, and is effective against fungus, bacteria, and viruses

How we use: I apply to my finger tip and rub in dry, irritated spots on baby girl's scalp as needed

Castor oil-
My go to oil when baby girl's ends are feelimg rough and her edges looking thin.

Benefits: seal in moisture, humectant and emollient, helps in hair loss and thinning, anti-fungal, antiviral, antibacterial

How we use: We use on wet/moisturized hair to seal in moisture. Since it is extremely thick I like to use very little or mix with water or other products and use only where needed. I also like to mix a little in deep treatments for shine and softness.

Jojoba oil-
This oil has been on my ”things to try” list for a while now. This oil has been hard for me to find 100% and not mixed with other ingredients. I have found it finally, but it is a bit pricey for a tiny amount, so I will buy when I am done with some other products.

Benefits: moisturizing, emollient, stimulates hair growth, antibacterial, fungicidal, reduces hair loss and helps dry, frizzy hair

Uses: scalp massage, conditioner, leave-in conditioner, hot oil treatment

No comments:

Post a Comment