May 29, 2013

How we detangle

We do our main detangling during bath time. I wet all of baby girl's hair, then grab a section of hair and clip the rest out of the way. I apply a good amount of conditioner to the section I am working with and continue to finger detangle (sometimes I'll grab smaller sections in the section and detangle a little at a time. I find the less hair you have the easier it is to get the tangles out). I then use a wide tooth comb and comb the section in different directions/angles to ensure all tangles r gone. After using a wide tooth comb I use a modified denman brush (every other row of ”teeth” taken out) and brush her hair the same way I did with the comb. Once fully detangled I either twist or braid the section of hair. I let the conditioner sit in her hair till her whole head is finished, then I rinse it all out at once, while twists or braids are still in....For dry detangling I use this same method, minus the brush, and with a detangling spray instead of conditioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment