August 10, 2013

Product review: Shea Moisture shea butter leave in conditioner

I always hear everyone rave about Shea Moisture hair products that you can purchase at Target and Walgreens, but I purchased this product from Sheer Treasures. I have not seen this product with those items at the other stores and vise versa, so I am unsure if they are part of each other or 2 different brands/makers. Anywho, my mom actually purchased this product for me to try on my daughter about a year or so ago. I really liked the product then, but I felt it was a bit to heavy/thick for her hair. Now that she is older and has much more and much thicker hair I decided to give it another shot. It costs $15, but it does last a while (probably because I use other products along with this). It comes out pretty thick but smooths out nice once rubbed in hands. I can't describe the smell, it's not too heavy, not fruity, doesn't have like a "producty" smell, but it does smell nice. I use this product when doing the "LOC" method, banding, and just recently found this to be amazing for twists/twist outs! It runs easily thru her hair with decent slip when her hair is wet (have not used on dry hair) and keeps it very moisturized. She had twists in for a few days this week and when I took them out her hair was so soft, even her ends (which is rare with any other product we use). It does not leave her hair hard/crunchy either, unlike other products if we use too much it leaves her hair hard and ugh just no good lol. So overall this is one of our top products. Definitely worth the money!...(since the pic is a bit small I'll write the ingredients as well: shea butter, deionized water, herbal complex, panthenol, centromonium chloride, glycerin, cocoa butter, aloe vera, jojoba oil, vitamin e)

No comments:

Post a Comment